The Drug Policy Forum is represented on the Dispensary Task Force that is working to make recommendations about a regulated system of dispensaries for the medical marijuana program.
The task force wants to hear from patients and stakeholders about what they need the dispensary system to be. This is a really good way for us to get involved in the process.
If you want to give your comments at the hearing, the Public Policy Center asks that you submit written testimony at least 24 hours prior to the event. They ask that you include:
- Testifier’s name with position/title and organization; (patients and caregivers should simply say “patient” or “caregiver”)
- The Dispensary Task Force to which the comments are directed; and
- The date and time of the hearing.
You can submit it either on paper or by email:
- Paper: 2 copies (including an original) to Room 331 in the State Capitol;
- Email: For testimony less than 10MB in size, e-mail testimony to HCR48testimony@gmail.com.
Electronic testimony will be accepted until the start of the hearing.
Click here to visit the Public Policy Center website.
Big Island (Hilo)
5:00pm – Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014
Hawaii State Capitol Auditorium
415 South Beretania Street (map)
Honolulu, HI 96813
Let’s all please try and keep comments as concise, polite, and specific as possible. The task force is not asking if we need dispensaries, but instead, how the system of dispensaries should be run.