- Is current drug policy protecting our children from harmful drugs?
- Is putting people in prison really solving our drug problems?
- Is Prohibition any more effective now than it was then?
- Do you believe we’re winning the War on Drugs?
The War on Drugs has failed.
Join us in seeking rational alternatives. There is a growing nationwide consensus that the law enforcement approach to eliminate drug abuse has not worked. Meanwhile, the exploration of alternative approaches has been hampered by misinformation and an absence of intelligent debate. We hope that the educated opinions and perspectives we foster will help both policy-makers and the general public decide for themselves whether change is warranted and what changes would be most beneficial for Hawai‘i. The Drug Policy Forum of Hawai‘i is a non-profit organization founded in 1993 to encourage the development of effective drug policies that minimize economic, social, and human costs, and to promote the consideration of pragmatic approaches to drug policy based on:
- Scientific principles
- Effective outcomes
- Public-health considerations
- Concern for human dignity
- Enhancing the well-being of individuals and communities
For more information please visit our section on Prevention
Contact the Drug Policy Forum of Hawai‘i:DPFH, P.O. Box 83, Honolulu, HI 96810 808-518-3213 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Drug Policy Forum of Hawai‘i also leads these local coalitions:
- Fresh Approach Hawai‘i, a coalition to reform Hawaii’s marijuana laws, http://www.freshapproachhawaii.org
- The Medical Cannabis Coalition of Hawai‘i, a free, private support group for Hawaii’s medical marijuana patients, caregivers and doctors, http://www.mcchi.org.
Get updates via email and on social media!
- Social media: Get breaking news on drug policy reform in Hawaii! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter
- Newsletter: The DPFH sends out periodic newsletters and media advisories when important drug policy issues are being discussed in Hawai‘i. DPFH newsletters are send out via email to reduce costs. You can sign up using the form below. If you would like to unsubscribe, just send us an email at email@example.com.
- If you have any questions or difficulties with the above form, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.